1. Privacy and Your Personal Data
1.4 All Personal Data shall be collected, held and used in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), the Data Protection Act (UK), as amended from time to time, and any other legislation relating to the protection of Personal Data.
J & E Hall Limited is the Controller of your Personal Data for the purposes of the GDPR. Our Global Data Controller is Daikin Industries Ltd, and the Global Data Protection Officer can be contacted by writing to:-
FAO Global Data Protection Officer
Daikin Industries Ltd
Osaka Umeda Twin Towers South,
2. What data do we collect from you?
2.1 When visiting our Website (including the mobile optimised version of the website accessible from your portable hand-held device) you may provide us with Personal Data, such as name, postcode, email address and mobile phone number, in a number of ways, including:-
- by registering as a registered user, in which case you would provide us your name, postcode, and email address;
- by subscribing to receive updates or offers from us;
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email together with your email address and our responses;
- by subscribing to our online services, in which case you would provide us with preferences and areas of interest;
- by using our website.
2.2 We may also collect data about your computer, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and the geographical location for system administration purposes.
3. How we process Personal Data
3.1 Personal Data is processed strictly in accordance with GDPR and Schedule 2 of Data Protection Act. In most circumstances Personal Data is processed based on consent by the data subject to do so, however we may also process Personal Data:-
- where processing is necessary for a performance of contract to which the data subject is a party to or for the taking of steps to enter into such contract;
- where processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation J & E Hall is subject to;
- where processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interest of the data subject;
- where processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where the processing is unwarranted in any particular case by reason of prejudice to the rights and freedoms or legitimate interests of the data subject;
- where processing is necessary for any other reason set out in Data Protection Act section 4(3) Schedule 2 and 3.
4. How we use your data
4.1 We will hold, use and disclose your Personal Data for legitimate business purposes only. We may use Personal Data:-
- to keep you up to date about important changes to our business;
- to direct-market products and services;
- advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, and other information;
- to apply profiling technology analysing our customers’ engagement with our direct marketing communications, activity and interests to send you content that is relevant to you;
- to answer your queries;
- to provide further services to you by sharing your data with other companies within our group of companies, as well as trusted third parties;
- to release data to regulatory or law enforcement agencies where we are required or permitted to do so;
- for recruitment purposes.
5. How we share your data
5.1 We may share your data with trusted third parties in following circumstances:-
- Daikin Group Companies: Your Personal Data may be shared with our group companies. Where Personal Data is transferred outside the EU such transfer is done in compliance with laws and regulations applicable to such international transfer;
- Trusted third parties: We may share your Personal Data with third parties, such as IT infrastructure providers, where this is necessary for the purpose of providing a service to you.
- Regulatory and law enforcement agencies: Should we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency requesting disclosure of data collected and/or stored by us, where permitted by the GDPR and other application laws, we may disclose your Personal Data.
- New business owners: Should J & E Hall Limited merge with or be acquired by a third party, we will share your Personal Data with the new owners of the company and their professional advisors.
6. How long do we hold your data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which the data was collected. We will review the purpose for which the Personal Data is collected for to determine how long we will need to keep it, and securely delete your information when it is no longer needed for this purpose. Any information that goes out of date will be updated, achieved or securely deleted.
7. Your rights relating to your Personal Data
7.1 You have certain rights in relation to Personal Data we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below.
- Right of Access. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the Personal Data we hold of you, and to confirm the nature of such data and how it is used. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your Personal Data, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
- Right of Correction or Completion. Where data we hold about you is inaccurate, or is out of date, or incomplete, you have a right to have the data amended, updated and/or corrected.
- Right of Erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the data we hold about you is erased. For example, where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or processed, or our processing of Personal Data is based on your consent, and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the data.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. For example, you may restrict us from processing your Personal Data data for the duration of us verifying data held of you in situation where you have challenged the accuracy of such data.
7.2 You can exercise any of the above rights, free of charge, by following the correct request procedure and contacting us at the address or email address set out above. Your identity will need to be verified before we can act on your request.
Procedures on requests detailed in 7.1 are described here
7.3 Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request.
8. Security measures to protect Personal Data
8.1 J & E Hall Limited has a management system and implements appropriate security measures to maintain integrity and security and prevent unauthorised access, loss, manipulation or leaks etc. of Personal Data. Furthermore, where the processing of Personal Data is subcontracted, we make efforts to protect such Personal Data by selecting subcontractors who handle Personal Data appropriately and by prescribing the necessary measures to the subcontractor for the appropriate data management.
8.2 Your data is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
To the extent that we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing via the link provided in any direct marketing communication, or contacting us at the address or email address set out above.
10.1 Similar to other commercial websites, our Website uses a technology called "cookies" and web server logs to collect data about how our Website is used. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies
10.2 Data gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website.
10.3 Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any Personal Data about you and we do not generally store any Personal Data that you provided to us in your cookies.
10.4 We use ‘session’ cookies which enable you to carry data across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter data. Session cookies enable us to compile statistics that help us to understand how the Website is being used and to improve its structure.
10.5 We also use ‘persistent’ cookies which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer and help us to recognise you as a unique visitor to the Website, tailoring the content of certain areas of the Website to offer you content that match your preferred interests.